Lifetime Warranty | Ride in peace
Warranty period from Devinci Cycles Inc.
The frames of cycles Devinci inc. are guaranteed against
all manufacturing defects, for the periods specified below, as of the
date of the initial purchase. During these specific periods, Devinci
will replace or repair without charge, and at its discretion, the Devinci frames that display a manufacturing defect. The parts replaced
or repaired in accordance with this warranty, will be covered for a
period equal to the remaining portion of the warranty of the original
Bicycle frames and warranty period
Beginning in 2007, all the frames on every 2007 bike model and all future models,
including all mountain, freeride, downhill frames and dirt jump frames are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE.
Paint and decals for all models of frame: 1 year
The pivots* for double suspension frames: 1 year
The components assembled on Devinci frames are guaranteed
by their respective manufacturers.
Please contact your authorized Devinci retailer. For more information regarding the applicable
* the pivots include the bearings, bolts and axles holding together the elements of the suspension of the rear triangle.
Each Devinci bicycle was conceived for a specific use. The
operational life of a bicycle varies according to its construction,
maintenance and the care provided. Intensive use or use with a heavy
load, use during competitions or for activities other than those for
which the bicycle was conceived, greatly diminish its operational life.
Any of these conditions may lead to random failure. Abusive use will
therefore cancel the warranty.
This warranty does not cover:
- Regular maintenance (cleaning, lubrification or inspection);
- TranOptimum S or shipping charges incurred as a result of the execution of the warranty;
- Cost of labor related to the assembly, disassembly, repair or replacement parts;
- Damages caused by normal wear and tear including damages caused by material fatigue.
The warranty does not apply if:
- The damages were caused by a fortuitous event;
- The bicycle was purchased from a retailer other than those authorized by Devinci;
- The bicycle was not entirely assembled by an authorized Devinci retailer;
- The bicycle was repaired by a person other than an authorized Devinci retailer;
- You are not the original owner of the bicycle;
- The instructions
contained in the user’s manual for all frames and the technical manual
for frames with double suspension were not respected;
- The periodic
inspection recommended in the user’s manual for all frames and in the
technical manual for the frames with double suspension was not carried
- Parts not supplied by Devinci with the bicycle or not indicated in the user’s manual for all
frames or the technical manual for the frames with double suspension
- The bicycle was used for an activity other than those for which it was conceived;
- The bicycle and/or
its components were subject to abusive use, negligence, abnormal and/or
excessive use or was implicated in an accident;
- The frame is too small for you;
- You used an other seat than the one sold with your bike;
- The frame and/or its
components were modified (ex: polishing, structural or mechanical
modification or addition, stripping, sanding, strain hardening, shot
- You continued to use your bicycle while it was damaged.
Exchange policy in case of accident
Devinci is aware that the purchase of a high performance
bicycle is done with the heart. This is why our customer service applies
an exchange policy at a low price to accommodate claims that would have
been refused for one of the reasons mentioned in the section “warranty
exclusions”. This policy applies only to the initial buyer. Please
contact your Devinci retailer for more information.
Limitation of liability: This is an integral warranty, complete and final, for Devinci frames.
Devinci does not give authorization to any other person, including the
authorized Devinci retailers, to assume or grant, expressly or
implicitly, any or all addition(s) or extension(s) to the warranty
specified herein. Any other obligation or responsibility expressed by
any other person(s) and any demonstration or illustration of Devinci
frames is in no way linked to Devinci and is furthermore excluded from
Devinci assumes no
liability in case of any property damage, moral or bodily injury to the
user, the buyer or any other person(s), resulting from the use of a Devinci frame or one of its components.
Except as limited or
expressly forbidden by law, regarding any other condition or guarantee,
express or implied, based in law, established commercial customs and
usage, including, but not limited to, guarantee of merchantability or
adaptation to a specific end, Devinci declines any responsibility for
any amount exceeding the actual purchase price of the bicycle nor for
any particular, accessory or consecutive damages that may occur in
connection with said bicycle.
With regard to the
exercising of rights resulting from the present warranty, the buyer of a Devinci frame agrees to elect domicile in the judicial district of Chicoutimi, in the Province of Quebec, Canada, as an appropriate place
for the hearing of all claims or legal proceedings.